Monday, August 8, 2011

Weekend Fun!

Yesterday Neight and I went to visit his family and have dinner with my family. It's so nice that they live in the same city and about a mile away. That way we can see both families on the same day.

Usually when we visit Neight's family we play basketball with his brothers. Yesterday I sat out and snapped a few pictures. They aren't the best and I was trying to be discrete about it.



When we went to have dinner my family my mom asked if I could help her with her banner. A few weeks ago I used pastels to color the pirate for it. The finished project looks so good and I'm very proud of how it turned out. My mom was so thrilled and very grateful for all of my help. It's definitely very nice for me to have a mother that has the same profession that I am going in to. It will be very nice to brain storm ideas with her when I'm actually teaching.


Each of the little hats (Neight's idea) has a child's name on it. The pictures that are colored have different "treasures" that first graders learn. They are reading (the treasure chest full of books), math (the parrot), spelling (the flag), and writing (the treasure chest that is empty). The beads in between the hats and pictures are representing the dashes on a treasure map to lead you to the treasure. I think it's adorable!

No comments:

Post a Comment